How to enable all controls on Safari and Chrome under Mavricks.
By default, OS X does not reveal all on screen controls to the keyboard. This means that without changing setting the tab key wont select links on webapges. Tha tab key will only select buttons and forms etc.
To enable all controls:
- Open “System Preferences”
- Enter “keyboard shortcut” into the search box in the top left and press return
- At the bottom of the screen, select “All controls”
- Open Safari
- Open Preferences in the Safari menu.
- Open the “Advanced” tab
- Tick the checkbox start “Press Tab to highlight…”
These instructions work for both Mavricks, and OS X Yosemite.